Google

Monday, May 01, 2006

1 month later

Tucker went today for his one month blood test and the results couldn't be any better! This time the test was done in house and the vet's machine has a normal high of 100.

Well .... Tuckers ALT was 52 !! My boy is back in the normal range and I am so happy!

My vet was pretty pleased with the results as well. Tucker will now only get prednisone once every other day and he'll have another blood test in 3 weeks. We'll attempt to reduce his prescription meds from there. I'm hoping we'll be able to get him off of both prescriptions and maintain on the vitamins and supplements so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't have a problem with medications but I'm not crazy about the idea of long term prednisone use, especially at the dose he's taking.

2 Comments:

Blogger 3 bassets said...

Get well Tucker! Your mom is doing lots of good stuff for you, I'm sure they are going to work!
I agree that you don't want to use prednisone long term (it's not good for the liver).

Max the wonder dog is drooling for you!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Tucker!

How is the wallet faring with the treatment, Cindy? When they do blood tests, do they have to send off for the adult labs every time or are they testing just for the liver disease? And what does ALT mean? I told you I would have a ton of questions! :)

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home